Phillips, Lori Ann, Ph.D.
Research scientist – Soil microbial ecology
2585 County Road 20
Harrow, Ontario N0R 1G0
Areas of Expertise:
- Microbial biodiversity and sustainable agro-ecosystems
- The impact of agricultural practices on microbial ecosystem services
- Soil microbiology and nutrient (C, N, P) cycling processes
- Plant-microbe interactions
- Molecular methods to measure the structure and function of environmental microbial communities
- Biological mitigation of soil nutrient losses: Quantifying the benefits of diversified landscape features in agro-ecosystems
- Protecting and conserving Canada’s biodiversity and ecosystems: Establishing baselines for agricultural soil biodiversity
- Integrated nutrient management: Measuring agronomic impacts on soil microbial nutrient cycling processes (interlinked C, N, and P cycling)
- Optimally managing soil health: Determining how soil management affects the microbial communities that undertake key ecosystem services
- Associate Editor: The Canadian Journal of Soil Science
- Review editor: Frontiers in Soil Processes
Other science related publications
- Reynolds, W.D., Drury, C.F., Yang, X.M. and Phillips, L.A. 2017. On the description and determination of soil water field capacity. Oral Presentation to: Canadian Society of Soil Science, Annual Meetings, June 10-14, 2017, Trent University, Peterborough, Ontario, Canada
- Drury, C.F., Reynolds, W.D., Yang, X.M., Rehmann, L., and L. Phillips. 2016. The effect of corn stover removal rate under conventional and no-tillage on corn grain yields and GHG emissions. ASA-CSSA-SSSA Annual Meeting, Phoenix, Arizona.
- Drury, Craig F. Girard, B., Woodley, A., Reynolds, W.D., Yang, X.M., Lalonde, C., Wellish, M., Rehman, L., and L. Phillips. 2016. Agriculture & Agri-Food Canada’s Bioeconomy Research Initiatives. Bioeconomy Research and Innovation Forum. Guelph, Ontario.
- Reynolds, W.D. 2017. Use of bimodal hydraulic property relationships to characterize soil physical quality. Geoderma 294, 38-49
Report a problem on this page
- Date modified: